Sunday, February 12, 2023

File Storage Options

Storing files in our computers are important when it comes to saving any information on our computers. There are three common storage devices available to us, my personal favorite is the flash drive but I'm familiar with this storage style. The other two are a hard disk drive and optical drive. A hard disk drive is a long-term storage drive which in fact is the most commonly used and comes installed in your computer. The perks of a hard disk drive are the amount of information it can hold, it's affordable, and its fast. Last but not least is the optical drive which uses microscopic light and dark spots to store data. The information may be stored on a CD-ROM, DVD, and Blue-ray. What's your preferred file storage?

10 comments:

  1. My preferred method is also a flash drive. But I have found I tend to misplace them which can be frustrating at best. So now I will use Google Drive. I'm still learning the nuances of it however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eerie timing, my wife recently dropped her external hard drive. It is costing $1,450 to recover the data on it!

    So my answer is outside of the three options listed 2.3.2 File Storage Options. My preferred storage option is let another entity handle the hardware aspect (e.g. cloud storage) and encrypt my data/files :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just bought more cloud storage space since I was running out of storage space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I set up a raid system for my dad about half a year ago. My father also had to pay $1000+ in order to get my sister and I's baby photos/videos off a external drive that fried due to a bad firmware update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer google drive. No need to carry anything physical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Chandami, I too prefer Google Drive. Not only is it easy to access, navigate, and collaborate, it offers a generous amount of free storage space (15 GB) and also provides paid options for more storage if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always lose my flash drive. it's way too small!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I store almost all of my data on internal SSDs, only the extremly important data makes it into my google drive account!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When it comes to personal files, as of right now I am using Google Drive, but I am trying to see what better options I can have are out there, only because I feel like my Google account can be compromised at any minute with a hacker. SSD's FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I store most of my school information in my USB though I sometimes store information on my external disk drive if the information exceeds 3 gigabytes.

    ReplyDelete